Inaugurated in 2015, the EFG Hong Kong Ladies Open is a highlight of the city’s annual golfing calendar. Played over three days on Hong Kong Golf Club’s Old Course, the tournament features 108 players from around the world, competing for a share of the US$ 150,000 prize purse.
Taking place at Hong Kong Golf Club in Fanling, the tournament is the first and only golf tournament in Hong Kong in which players can earn Rolex World Ranking points.
08 Elite Players From Over 14 Countries/Regions:
- 40 from The LPGA of Taiwan (TLPGA)
- 40 from China LPGA (CLPGA)
- 16 from Ladies Asian Golf Tour (LAGT)
- 12 from HKGA, HKPGA, HKGC & Sponsors Invites
- 2015: Lee Jeong-hwa (KOR)
- 2016: Tiffany Chan Tsz-ching (HKG)
- 2017: Supamas Sangchan (THA)
- 2018: Saranporn Langkulgasettrin (THA)
- 2019: Liu Yan (CHI)
Over 4,000 spectators and 370 volunteers
Total Prize Money: US$150,000
The course which the tournament is played over is the oldest Championship layout at the Club – the Old Course, which came to life in 1911. The Old Course is certainly a traditional-style layout, with generally narrow fairways, framed by avenues of trees, leading to small, back-to-front sloping greens. With a par of 72 and featuring classic bunkering and subtle features, it is never a straightforward test.
Old Course, Hong Kong Golf Club | FREE ENTRY